Welcome to the ISBE 2022 Abstract Submission Portal
Before you get started here is a quick guide to the Abstract Submission process.
Whilst authors can be listed as contributors on multiple abstracts, the presenting author can only be listed to present once on abstracts submitted for consideration as oral presentations.
Should you have any queries regarding your abstract submission, please contact support, AppInConf, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps for Abstract Submission
Step 1: Go to the Abstract Submission Portal
If you are new to the portal, you will have to create and account by selecting the ‘+New Submitter’ box. For there, you will be asked to enter your Name, Organization, ORCID, Email, and country, choose a username and password and accept the terms and conditions of use associated with the submission portal (you can read these terms by selecting the link in this section).
If you are returning to the site, you can edit submissions by entering your username/email and password.
Once logged in to the Abstract Submission Portal, you can edit your personal information by selecting the ‘Personal’ tab on the left side of the screen.
Step 2: Once logged in to the Abstract Submission Portal, you can add a new abstract by clicking the ‘+Add new abstract’ box.
Step 3: Choose your primary research theme from the drop-down menu. Select the theme that most closely matches the content of your abstract. Then select ‘continue’. Don’t worry if you feel your research fits into several research themes – you will have an opportunity to select a secondary research theme in the next step of the abstract submission process.
Step 4: On the next page, fill in the following information:
- Preferred presentation: state if you would prefer to present an oral presentation or poster at ISBE 2022. For oral presentations, please state if you prefer an:
- ‘Oral (in person)’ presentation, meaning you would prefer to present in person at the congress in 2022, or,
- ‘Oral (only if virtual/online is possible)’ presentation, meaning that you would only consider participating in ISBE 2022 if you could do so remotely. Note that we can’t guarantee online oral participation at the moment, but your responses here will help guide the decisions of the local organizing committee.
- Abstract title: maximum 120 characters.
- Affiliations: add affiliations for all of the authors associated with the work.
- Authors: add all authors associated with the work. Specify who is the presenting author by selecting the white circle to the left of the author names. Select the appropriate affiliation for each author. You can add co-authors by clicking the ‘+Add authors’ box. Co-authors can be deleted by selecting the red trash can button.
- Text: add the abstract text here. Abstracts should be in English and should be a maximum of 250 words, excluding the title.
- Secondary research theme: if the primary research theme you selected didn’t adequately describe your research, you can select an additional secondary theme to support your submission here. Note that this is an optional step that can be skipped.
At any time in the process you can click the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the page to save your incomplete submission and return to it at a later time. You can go back to the main page of the Abstract Submission Portal by selecting the ‘Back’ button at the bottom of the page. The ‘Preview’ button at the bottom of the page gives you an overview of your submission. You can log out and come back in at any stage prior to the submission deadline to view your successfully submitted abstract/s and/or edit any draft abstracts using the login and password you have created.
Once all required sections have been completed, you can complete your submission in the ‘Submit’ section of this page. Once submitted you will not be able to edit your abstract.
Please note: It is the submitting author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract; any errors in spelling, grammar, or scientific fact will be published as typed by the author, if accepted. The Scientific Programme Committee will accept abstracts for the Scientific Programme (oral or poster presentation) on scientific merit. Only Abstracts of registered participants will be printed. At least one of the authors must be registered for the Conference.
Key Dates to Remember
|Abstract submission deadline||February 21, 2022|
|Author notifications||April 15, 2022|
|Deadline for confirming participation||April 29, 2022|
|Deadline for presenter registration||April 29, 2022|
Contact the conference bureau, Meetagain
ISBE2022@meetagain.se | +46 8 664 58 00